Fri, 19 May|
Chapter 5 ~ Bridging The Gap
About: social, economic and environmental sustainability. Speakers & panelists: Noella Coursaris Musunka, Pascal Gally, Paul Agbaje, Maudo Jallow, Elzine Gaxawab Mushambi, Henry Erimodafe, Mandy Abou Shoak, Lizanne Atherly.
Time & Location
19 May 2023, 11:30 – 22:30
Zürich, Heimpl. 1/5, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
About the event
Speakers & panelists:
Noella Coursaris Musunka, Pascal Gally, Paul Agbaje, Maudo Jallow, Elzine Gaxawab Mushambi, Henry Erimodafe, Mandy Abou Shoak, Lizanne Atherly
- "The power of Networks, Education and Venture-Philanthropy, to Empower Women Entrepreneurs & Leaders"
- Lizanne Atherly, Founder of Minds2Capital, Co- Founder Black Future Week: Lizanne is an investment professional that started her company Minds2Capital to help fund tech entrepreneurs who build new economy businesses that change the way we experience the world. These entrepreneurs are from diverse backgrounds and bring old economy industries into the digital age, create jobs, and invest in developing world technology entrepreneurs, supporting the growth of their local economies and communities. She is also on the advisory board of a Swiss based non-profit, Greenlamp, dedicated to the education and empowerment of women in rural Ethiopian communities. Greenlamp funds university programs in midwifery for young women and also use technology via solar suitcases that light up the darkness of rural Ethiopian health centers, to improve healthcare conditions in each community.
- Pascal Gally, Founder and President of “Choc des Légendes”, Senior Advisor to “Women in Africa”, Compliance Specialist: Pascal is a visionary leader and founder of "Choc des Légendes," a grand festival of eloquence, arts, and culture that brings together exceptional individuals from around the world to celebrate the human spirit and chivalry through a fictional trial. Pascal's commitment to education and culture is evident in his work as he has brought together prominent figures from various fields to debate and discuss important topics. In addition to his work in culture and education, Pascal is a passionate advocate for human rights and women's empowerment in Africa. He serves as a senior advisor to Women in Africa, an organization dedicated to promoting the economic development and empowerment of women across the continent. Pascal is also a financial crime investigation specialist, leveraging his expertise to support global companies in implementing effective compliance programs. Through his various roles, Pascal has demonstrated a commitment to making a positive impact and empowering others to do the same.
- Noëlla Coursaris Musunka: Founder and CEO, Malaika: Noëlla is a highly accomplished international fashion model and philanthropist, widely recognized for her outstanding contributions to empowering women and children in her home country, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Having grown up away from home, Noëlla was inspired to make a difference after witnessing first-hand the poverty and lack of opportunity for women in the DRC. Driven by her passion for human rights, she founded Malaika, a nonprofit grassroots organization that provides education and health programs to empower Congolese girls and their communities. Under Noëlla's leadership, Malaika has grown to impact thousands of lives in the DRC through its accredited school, community center, and clean water program. The organization's education and health programs are offered free of charge, making them accessible to all. Noëlla's work with Malaika has earned her widespread recognition and numerous accolades, including being named one of the BBC’s 100 Most Influential and Inspirational Women of 2017. She was also awarded by the House of Mandela at the Nelson Mandela centenary celebration for her work educating and advocating for girls in the DRC.
- Danielle Manser, Moderator: Sales Excellence, Credit Suisse and Kanangai Symposium Moderator: Danielle is an accomplished moderator with experience in sales excellence and international business management. Currently working with Credit Suisse, Danielle has been with the company since May 2022, where she has been involved in various projects and initiatives related to sales excellence. Danielle's academic background includes a degree in International Business Management from the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW). During her time at FHNW, Danielle honed her skills in business management and gained a deep understanding of the global business landscape.Prior to her current role, Danielle gained valuable experience working with AWK Group AG as a HR-Development Intern. She was responsible for managing various HR development projects and played an instrumental role in the successful implementation of these initiatives. Danielle has also worked as Client Management Support with V Punkt Partners AG and as a Kauffrau with Helsana Versicherungen AG. These experiences allowed her to develop her customer service and communication skills, which have been invaluable in her current role as a moderator. Her expertise in sales excellence and human resources development make her a valuable asset to the Kanangayi Symposium Team.
- "Leveraging Finance and Disruptive Technologies to Scale Sustainable Impact"
- Paul Agbaje , Director Wealth Management at Credit Suisse: Paul is an accomplished finance professional with over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. Currently, he serves as a Director at Credit Suisse, where he has focused on International Wealth Management for Sub Sahara Africa. Prior to his time at Credit Suisse, Paul served as a Director at Deutsche Bank, where he worked in the Africa Origination team, responsible for investment banking products and services for African corporates, financial institutions, governments, government agencies, hedge funds, and financial sponsors. With a career that spans across some of the world's top financial institutions, Paul has extensive experience in relationship management, investment finance, and credit structuring for ultra high net worth individuals and families. Before joining Deutsche Bank, Paul was a Senior Vice President/Senior Private Banker at Citi Private Bank, where he provided wealth management services for UHNW individuals and families in Sub-Saharan Africa. He also worked as an Investment Finance Transactor at Citi Private Bank, where he structured credit transactions for EMEA ultra high net worth individuals and families across various product areas including real estate, aircraft, and marketable securities. Paul holds a BSc (Hons) degree in Mathematics and Computing from the University of East London and is a certified Wealth Management Advisor by the Swiss Association for Quality. He is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder and a member of the CFA Institute. Through his extensive knowledge and experience, Paul is a valuable asset to any financial team and an expert in international wealth management.
- Henry Erimodafe, co-founder of Abrod: Henry is an experienced banker with a demonstrated history of working in the financial services industry. He is currently the Managing Partner of Alva Wealth Limited, an independent Swiss-based financial advisory firm that focuses on African clients and investors. Henry is passionate about the African opportunity and driving business growth and capital inflow into Africa. He is also a High Potentials Leadership Program graduate from Harvard Business School. In addition, Henry is involved with Abrod, a new generation platform that harnesses the power of the African Diaspora to build the Africa of our dreams. Abrod establishes partnerships with environmental and social companies all over the world and empowers customers with access to impact opportunities that make a difference. Henry will be speaking on behalf of Abrod on the panel, sharing insights on the unique needs of the Diaspora and how they can be enabled and empowered to transform Africa.
- Elzine Gawaxab-Mushambi, founder of Impact Tank Namibia: Elzine is an accomplished and experienced partnerships leader with a 14-year strong track record of scoping and delivering large transformational projects in Sub Saharan Africa and Europe. She brings extensive experience in the financial services and oil and gas sectors, with a professional background in strategy and transformation from work within Africa and Europe. Elzine is the Founder of Impact Tank Namibia, the country's first social impact venture builder, working in the impact investing sector since 2019. Impact Tank focuses on building sustainable ventures and supporting entrepreneur-founders to scale them, with a presence across two continents, leveraging its global network in the social entrepreneurship space to lead to sustainable outcomes for the Namibian people. Elzine is also a sought-after speaker, sharing insights and knowledge on Africa-focused social impact, venture building, and impact investing. She holds a Master of Science degree from the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts.